Monday, March 8, 2010

Forgot a big one!

One more thing before I go to bed.

I forgot to post this when I first read it about a week ago and I just re-stumbled across it. "Bombard Iran...with broadband" was published in The Guardian in late February by Reza Zia-Ebrahimi. It is one of the best articles I've read regarding the fight for democracy in Iran, and it related directly to US involvement in the ordeal. It was so good I was inspired to write my Congressional representatives and I hope you do the same.

This article suggests the US not bombard the Islamic Republic with sanctions but with internet service! Genius! All freedom-loving people of the world want the freedom-loving people of Iran to have a fighting chance and if the US were to hook them up (no pun intended) with some internet it would be a huge boost to the Green efforts. This is directly related to my topic of Iran and Technology, and it is so important that this approach be used. Please, please read this piece and write your local, state, and federal (here for US Senate, here for House of Reps.) representatives; write your friends and tell them to write their reps. This is a great step towards civil rights for the Iranian people.

Please help these good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment